Know Thyself
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Thyself

Nothing in Excess

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Health, Disease and Disorders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssa
Har Har Harr
Lyssa

Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"ἐδιζησάμην ἐμεωυτόν." [Heraclitus]

"All that exists is just and unjust and equally justified in both." [Aeschylus, Prometheus]

"The history of everyday is constituted by our habits. ... How have you lived today?" [N.]

*Become clean, my friends.*
Back to top Go down
http://ow.ly/RLQvm
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 am

I realised a very strange phenomena recently.

I was getting trouble with the movement of my legs, as if my tendons/sinews were getting inflamed or somehow impaired, giving me pain while walking. It came suddenly without warning or obvious cause.
My first thought was that I must be getting old or something and that it probably was due to some cold weather exposure.

I remembered that I had experienced this already before, at times, always seemingly without cause. The last time was several years ago and back then it always disappeared after a day or two as well.
Thinking back and remembering things, together with the recent observations I got the (to me) "crazy" idea that it could be due to the pair of Jeans I was wearing. I had put on those old pair of Jeans on that day but they weren't all that tight or anything so I was sceptical about my own "pair of Jeans" theory. If they would have pressed against any muscles or something then that would make somewhat sense but they didn't really do any of that.

Either way, it was getting pretty bad with the movement of my legs so I decided to wear different trousers, partly because of this theory of mine and partly something warmer which might help as well. The pain disappeared and everything got back to normal within 24 hours.

So yesterday I put back on that old pair of Jeans because I still had it laying around, I wasn't even thinking about the sinew issue at all. And boom a couple of hours later same story, I already started feeling some pain in my movement again.
I have no idea, must be some kryptonite being woven in those Jeans, maybe it's the cut, maybe it's some pressure point magic, no idea.

But the point of this long story - The clothes you are wearing can and do affect affect your movement, your health, your focus and so on.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 am

Leaky gut symptoms can be postnatal drip, IBS, decreased immunity, sugar craving and low energy, fatigue. Symptoms of having a 'weak gut'. Eating right will help, but to repair one should take 5-10g L-Glutamine (no additives) powder in a cold drink every day, before or between meals.

After my appendectomy 5+ years ago I neglected post-surgery health advice (walking, eating light, etc) and then developed gut disturbances. I feel calmness and reduced carb/sugar craving after 15ish minutes when I take the L-Glutamine. Less gut disturbances as well.
Back to top Go down
Slaughtz

PostSubject: Selenium/Mercury in fish Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm

Selenium/Mercury in fish
   When selenium and mercury are bound to each other, selenium cannot do it’s job to make selenoproteins
   When selenium and mercury are bound to each other, mercury can no longer act as a neurotoxin and can be excreted out of the body

So, if you were to consume more mercury than you had available selenium reserves to deal with it, you’d have a serious problem on your hands. Not only would you be dealing with the direct toxicity of mercury, you’d also be dealing with the depletion of selenium and inability to create selenoproteins. This inhibition of selenoprotein production is actually now understood to be the primary toxic action of mercury.

However, if you have more than enough selenium to deal with/bind to the mercury, it shouldn’t be a big deal.

"the organic forms of Se present in ocean fish are bioavailable and effective in counteracting MeHg toxicity."

So, what do the ratios of selenium to mercury in fish look like? Well, in most commonly eaten ocean-caught fish, they’re pretty good. The issues come when you get into farmed fish, freshwater fish, and less commonly eaten fish like shark or whale. Nearly all the studies that have shown harmful effects of fish were done on populations that were eating fish with ratios of mercury higher than selenium content.

Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:25 pm

The other day I ate some tuna. Killed my good mood and gave me a headache. Possibly due to the guilt of eating some poor dead animal. Other possibility, mercury poisoning.
Back to top Go down
OnWithTheirHead
hero
OnWithTheirHead

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Anfang wrote:
I realised a very strange phenomena recently. this theory of mine and partly something warmer which might help as well. The pain disappeared and everything got back to normal within 24 hours.

So yesterday I put back on that old pair of Jeans because I still had it laying around, I wasn't even thinking about the sinew issue at all. And boom a couple of hours later same story, I already started feeling some pain in my movement again.
I have no idea, must be some kryptonite being woven in those Jeans, maybe it's the cut, maybe it's some pressure point magic, no idea.

But the point of this long story - The clothes you are wearing can and do affect affect your movement, your health, your focus and so on.

Jeans are garbage and they put fire retardant (poison) on most of them.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Yeah, I eat fish 2-3 times a week - love tuna. The good cuts are expensive.
I always get a headache after eating it....can't stop. I'm a prisoner of my own vanities and pleasures.

Stopped eating vegetables...too many pesticides. Red meat, is no good...too many hormones.
I'm thinking of going cold turnkey....dead.
Breathing is also not good.
Pollution but also oxygen is a toxin.

Last edited by Satyr on Sun May 05, 2019 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://satyr-s-sanatorium.forumotion.com/
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:34 pm

I never wear jeans...only cotton. I wash it in my bathtub for three week.....until all the chemicals are gone. Then I make fabric with my home-made spindle...takes a few months.
I then weave long-underwear and sometimes colour it with natural dyes.
The entire process take 6 months. I wear those long-johns days and night.

I knot my own shorts, as well. I import cotton and wool from New Zealand and Egypt.
Mostly white.

Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:37 pm

I've heard of a disease called hypochondria. It's a kind of neurosis.

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:58 pm

OnWithTheirHead wrote:
Anfang wrote:

Jeans are garbage and they put fire retardant (poison) on most of them.

I was more thinking along the lines of get clothes which are a good fit for you.
Like don't buy those gangsta rappa pants which they (used to?) wear beneath their ass.
Besides being invented by faggots for faggots in prison - if the story is true - it's annoying.

As for washing your clothes, I recommend getting a washing machine which isn't saving the environment but is using a proper amount of water to properly clean and rinse your clothes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:25 pm

The trousers down thing is because inmates werent given belts prior to the humanitarian reforms, prisoners are stringent on hygiene(no wonder) so the idea that they would force anybody, let alone fags, to expose their anuses and everything that comes with that is ridiculous if you know prisons.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:43 pm

some internet site wrote:
The most disturbing myth of the origin of saggy pants also comes from the prison system, and raises even more serious questions about why you'd want to emulate this trend. Sagging was said to be a symbol that the sagger was sexually available to other prisoners, or alternatively, already taken by another inmate. While several sources claim this to be true, others (like Snopes) tells us this is just a nasty rumor.

That's the one I had heard a long time ago.
Anyway, it looks gay on those who picked it up outside of prison. They look as though they shat their pants.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm

The government purchased the same size of pants. If it wasn't too small you were given one that was too large.
Everyone got a pair when they got out...so some had oversized pants until they could purchase new ones....which often was a long time away.

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 4:25 pm

I have this disorder, or something similar, but the only thing that really makes me angry and frustrated is loud chewing and all these nasty sounds people make when they overfill their mouths, slurp etc.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm

I also have something similar, over sensitivity from my mothers side, and I had obsessive compulsion behavior at young age where I had to wash my hands constantly because I was afraid I would get infected with something, but still have it in some subtle ways. I also have always had mild tics (tiny leg waving motions, or non-rhythmical leg tapping or hand waving if I'm nervous, but it's not noticeable). I'm actually been waiting to go to a neuro-psychologist to get updated diagnosis.

My aunt from mothers side is also so sensitive that wall clocks pointer keeps her awake, have to take off the batteries to be able to sleep. My senses get overloaded very fast and get fatigue numbness, but sometimes I can work around it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm

This disorder is apparently linked to neurotic personality and obsessive compulsive disorder, my father is highly neurotic but he reacts to negativity with very high level of violence and aggressiveness and it very often turns into short-lived rage that appears and dissipates very quickly, so he is milder in terms of violent personality than his father and my grandfather who was a very violent person because his mother and my grandmother(never met her, tragic childbirth death with the baby) was an easy going, cheerful person and the obsessive bit is definitely from my mother and her mother who are extremely orderly so I am a milder version of either though I think I am much more skewed towards obsessiveness than negativity, I dont have any ticks but I constantly(if i dont focus my mind on a task) begin to analyze things around me, pick them apart in my mind, wonder their function, rotate them in my mind around etc. and can get carried away with it and most importantly do it non-stop throughout the day when i am unoccupied like whilst travelling(but I am not autistic and can snap out of it quickly if I want to).
edit@@@I also think I can behave and think like an autist in the sense of becoming totally fixated on a problem and I think many normal men too so I dont think autism is an advantage because of this like it is claimed.
Back to top Go down
Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Jarno wrote:
wall clocks pointer keeps her awake
Clocks can be annoying if you are not used to them.
I have no ticking clocks around me because I don't want to get used to them.

It's interesting because I find sounds like a ticking clock very annoying while the sound of rain which is chaotic I find soothing. The regularity of the ticking brings me out of my own rhythm and thoughts while the irregular sound of rain becomes a comfortable background noise.
Back to top Go down
Satyr
Daemon
Satyr

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 7:35 am

Anfang

Anfang

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:01 am

Would be interesting to look at the obesity rate by race in the US and then calculate the change in obesity among European-Americans in the last decades. Talk about what people really don't want to hear.

What it comes down to is genetics in an environment. Genetics haven't changed that much (within the racial groups) but the environment with the kinds of foods that are available around the clock, every season has changed dramatically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 4:32 am

Satyr wrote:
Yeah, I eat fish 2-3 times a week - love tuna. The good cuts are expensive.
I always get a headache after eating it....can't stop. I'm a prisoner of my own vanities and pleasures.

Stopped eating vegetables...too many pesticides. Red meat, is no good...too many hormones.
I'm thinking of going cold turnkey....dead.
Breathing is also not good.
Pollution but also oxygen is a toxin.
Yes.. reaching that point where considering ceasing consuming all consumerables and breathing, is very worrying.

I currently live on meat and some fish, eggs, coffee, root vegetables and the squash family of vegetables, coconuts.. to make my own coconut milk with for curries and pina coladas, and lemons.. to go in my rum.

If I veer off this list of foods, I suffer really badly.. this says a lot about the state of our food supplies and what the industry as a whole is doing to produce, for no other reason than profit in prolonging shelf-life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 5:30 am

Slaughtz wrote:
Leaky gut symptoms can be postnatal drip, IBS, decreased immunity, sugar craving and low energy, fatigue. Symptoms of having a 'weak gut'. Eating right will help, but to repair one should take 5-10g L-Glutamine (no additives) powder in a cold drink every day, before or between meals.

After my appendectomy 5+ years ago I neglected post-surgery health advice (walking, eating light, etc) and then developed gut disturbances. I feel calmness and reduced carb/sugar craving after 15ish minutes when I take the L-Glutamine. Less gut disturbances as well.
I will be purchasing some today, in that it will help with GI issues, which is the root cause of my lethargy.

How very exciting.. as always, when a new supplement is recommended in the aid towards optimal health.
Back to top Go down
Kvasir
Augur
Kvasir

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun May 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm

If you don't have that Chad jaw could be that you breathe more through your mouth and have wrong tongue posture and don't chew your food properly

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 3:43 pm

I haven't used any supplement in a year, not even creatine or regular eggs. Just regular food and I feel great and have energy. Don't like relying on some sort of boost-up, like if something is about to run out like amino acid, it's just stressful.
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 6:35 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 25, 2022 5:26 am

John Meadows just keeps giving great advice from beyond the grave, though this one is not on of those new videos
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2022 3:16 pm

Quote :
Scans revealed it had spread to her bones, liver and lymph nodes.

Quote :
Although they remain clueless as to how the psychoactive drugs may have worked, previous research has shown magic mushrooms can starve tumours of the proteins they need to grow.
Makes sense, I would read more about lymphatic systems/bone marrow etc, but studying medical things in detail make me feel weak
Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
Jarno

Jarno

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2022 10:46 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Health, Disease and Disorders Health, Disease and Disorders - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Health, Disease and Disorders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next